Sunday, January 23, 2011

Regrets? I no longer have them.


Tyrannosaurus Rex was a true king of his time. Alone, he ruled his kingdom, and by a fateful occurence from the sky, he and his line died away, to make room for the new kings.
They call me a tyrant. They think that I have lost my mind, and that they can conspire behind my back. But, no! They cannot! I am through playing games and all false hearts must be exposรจd!

I have not been getting sleep for the past months on end. Every night I dream that my hands, soaked in the blood of Duncan and Banquo are on the edge of the guillotine. Not only that, but all of Scotland has come to see me get chopped into pieces and devoured by starving mongrels off the street. Every night they announce from behind me, “Here we will experience the beheading of Scotland’s greatest oppressor! As Scotland has bled, so shall Macbeth! As Scotland has suffered, so shall he!” Every night I wake up just as the blade falls. And every night I find myself breathing hard, soaked in sweat, on the verge of crying out to the stars.

‘Tis a good thing that Banquo has been dispatch’d, or else he would have spread suspicion like a wildfire to all the Thanes. As for Macduff, fleeing and treason is a serious crime – his punishment was perfectly suited! This declaration came straight from the blackest pits of my heaven-deprived soul.

In fact, that is where most of my orders come from. Straight from my angry impulses. But what do I have to fear from my own violence? Certainly not consequences! Death may not touch me if it comes in the form of one of woman born, and a moving forest shall never overthrow my kingdom! My soul is the devil’s and my power is great. I have nothing to fear, and as for regrets? I have none.



“I’m a man with a one track mind,
So much to do in one lifetime
Not a man for compromise, and where’s and why’s and living lies
So I’m living it all …
Ain’t much I’m asking,
If you want the truth…
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now”



No comments:

Post a Comment