Monday, January 24, 2011

Friend to Foe

Good day to all I’m Banquo, a noble and brave general. According to the witches prophecies my children will inherit the Scottish throne. Before I was killed by my true friend Macbeth, I would say he was a loyal friend because he was always there for me during are battles. We fought together as generals and helped each other very much, like during the Norwegian war; which we won. But has soon as Macbeth met the witches, our relationship had changed. I was with Macbeth when we met the witches and they had presented their first prophecy, which was Macbeth would become king and I wouldn’t. However, my children would inherit the throne. Macbeth then betrayed me and became a traitor to those he killed, pursuing his ambitions (based on the witches’ prophecies).  He became very greedy for power to become throne of Scotland because he knew he would become king. So he killed me and soon after became evil and tried to kill my son Fleance, because the witches predicted my children would become king.  I had tried to lead Macbeth to go along the right path but he was ignorant and chose ambition that led to betrayal and murder. After I was killed my ghost went back to haunt Macbeth which embodies his guilt for killing me. Also my ghost had reminded him of my reaction to the witches’ prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment